Next Start Date: August 5, 2013 (deadline July 31)
- Start Date: August 5, 2013
- Deadline: July 31, 2013
- Start Date: August 19, 2013
- Deadline: August 14, 2013
Practical Nursing Teaches:
- Nursing Fundamentals
- Vocational Adjustments
- Individual, Family and Community Health
- Life Span/Growth & Development
- Basic Nutrition for Nursing
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Geriatrics
Credits Awarded at Community College:
- 10 credits toward ASN degree
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- $15 - $18 per hour
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
Industry Certifications or Accreditations:
- Graduates are eligible to take the National NCLEX-PN Exam. Program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing
- 1350 hours
675 clinical application)
- Application Fee: $35
- Additional Fees:
- FDLE $24
- EXAM $161
- Tuition: $3,780
- Lab Fee: $114
- Books: $700
- Uniform & Supply Fee: $300
- TABE Test Fee: $15
- Parking $15.00/Fall term; $15.00/Spring term; $5.00/Summer Term
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma
- TABE A
- TEAS Test
*Effective June 1, 2010 the TEAS Test will replace the NET
- Up-to-date physical and dental exam
- Documentation of : Tetanus, PPD, MMR, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis B
January & August class: 12 months, Monday - Friday, 7:45am - 2:15pm (times may vary during clinical rotations)
Evening Class: 18 months, Monday -Thursday, 4:00pm -9:00pm
about the Practical Nursing Program!
PLEASE NOTE: QuickTime Player is required to watch this video
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 407-246-7060 x3371
1. When is the deadline?
There is no deadline. Courses are filled on a first come/first served basis.
2. How many students are accepted?
We accept 25 students per class.
3. When will I know if I'm accepted?
You will be notified what class you are accepted into when you turn in all the required documents.
4. Can I be placed on a class list before I pass the tests?
No, all requirements must be completed to be placed on a class list.
5. Will the class be shorter if I'm already a CNA?
You must have a valid State of FL issued CNA Certificate to have the Core portion of the class waived. We will ask you to take and pass an exam with us to waive the nursing assistant portion of the program.